Coronado Chapter, Military Officers Association of America
PO Box 1685
Sierra Vista, AZ 85636
Phone: (915) 588-9281
Fax: (915) 588-9281
Text the word: CORONADO To: 72727
Fundraisers We Support
- Cochise Serving Veterans
- Warrior Healing Center
Hours of OperationWe meet for a members meeting the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 PM, except June through September. See our Newsletter, the Heliogram, for current meeting information. The Heliogram can be found on our webpage.
MOAA and its affiliates are directly concerned with the advancement of fair and appropriate treatment for active duty, retired, and veteran service members, all MOAA organizations, including The Coronado Chapter, operate in a nonpartisan manner!
We work with the other Veteran organizations in Cochise County to support the well-being of our Veterans, military members, and their families. Our current goals as a local organization are:
1. Support funding for a third Arizona Veterans’ benefits counselor in Sierra Vista plus increase the number of benefits counselors in Arizona
2. Support the Cochise College Small Business Development Center to provide business opportunities and education through the Veterans Business Outreach Center at Cochise College to military members and veterans in Arizona.
3. Increase the Arizona State Tax Exemption for Retired Military Personnel. Help support HB2011 and SB1157.
4. Support the UAV in helping to find ways to reduce veteran suicides in Arizona.
5. Support the UAV in supporting more resources for “Be Connected,” a veteran resource network sponsored by ADVS and the Arizona Coalition for Military Families.
According to MOAA Bylaws, our membership shall be composed of: (a). Men and women who are or have been officers — that is, commissioned or warrant officers — of the regular, reserve or National Guard of the United States in one of the eight US uniformed services of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Public Health Service, and Space Command. (b). Widows and widowers of deceased members or of any deceased individual who would, if living, be eligible for membership. (c). Individuals elected as Honorary Members as set forth in Section 2(e) of this Article. (d). There shall be no discrimination in membership or participation in the affairs of the Association by reason of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, handicap, or age.